What does it take to elevate your home’s master bedroom to a luxury suite? Specialty details and custom touches, executed by an expert design team. If you’re not sure where to start, take a look at some of our favorite deluxe master suite
To Sleep, Perchance to Dream
The sleeping area of your master bedroom can be more than just a centerpiece bed and two nightstands. Elegant design details make a big difference in the overall mood and feel of the room.
- Lavish lighting – Adding pendant lamps above each bedside instead of putting table lamps on your nightstands can create an airy, uncrowded look and leave more room for wall art. If you like keeping books and objets d’art nearby, a custom-built alcove around the bed, with shelving and cabinets, provides storage and design interest.
- Creative ceilings – A specialty ceiling adds luxury from top to bottom. A coffered or tray ceiling provides drama and spaciousness—it can enhance the elegance of a room that’s already high or make a smaller room seem larger.
When you’re upgrading your master bedroom, don’t forget that your storage options should get enhanced too. Take your day-to-day to the next level with options like these:
- An upscale dressing room – Get the space you need to store, plan, and try on outfits with an opulent dressing room. You can have this space built as part of a large closet or as its own separate space that opens from the sleeping area. Think custom seating, elegant mirror configurations, perfectly-fitted shelving and storage space, and more.
- His-and-her walk-in closets – You’ll be amazed at what custom-designed storage space will do for your wardrobe—and your daily routine! Create a closet (or two) with a place for everything—clothes, accessories, jewelry, shoes, and more. Use your imagination. Your closet can be just as stylishly decorated as the rest of your bedroom. Ornate trim, specialty shapes for hardware and shelving, lighting, and even wall treatments can be as lavish as you like, making an organized oasis that you’ll love to step into every day.
The Master Suite Bath: A True Treasure
An en-suite bath is a must for a master bedroom. Build your own private spa, a chic retreat, an understated charmer, or whatever style you wish. Elements to consider include:
- Double-sink vanity – Make your bath work harder—and maybe even keep you from running late in the morning—with a double-sink vanity.
- Separate shower and bath – If you want a luxury tub and a serene, glass-enclosed shower, you can have both! Although this arrangement requires more space, it’s worth it to have two places to unwind.
- Radiant heating – Banish cold feet with heated flooring in your master bath. It’s an invisible amenity that makes all the difference.
- Architectural detail – Adding elaborate trim or crown molding, eye-catching tile design, or other dramatic accents add interest that will elevate the bath to master status.
The Right Design-Build Team for Your Master Suite Remodel
Berriz Design has designed and built some of the most striking master suites in the Metro D.C. area
. We are thrilled to now have the opportunity to create lush bedroom retreats for clients in South Florida. We invite you to read about our design process
and call us 703.552.7565 to learn more.