Make a deal with your family and friends this summer: commit to enjoying the beautiful outdoors as often as you can! A custom outdoor kitchen
can help you stay outside longer—and love it more!
Your outdoor kitchen can be nothing more than a grill and a mini-fridge. But built-in options have more staying power and allow you to make the most of your outdoor living space. It’s an investment that starts paying off as soon as you sit down to your first outdoor meal!
Outdoor Kitchen Basics
- The cooking space – A deluxe grill accompanied by storage areas for food works well in an open-air outdoor kitchen. Another popular option is an all-in-one unit with a stove or grill, sink, and fridge included. Larger backyards and decks can accommodate a full outdoor kitchen.
- Prep and disposal areas – Make sure your designer adds in adequate food prep space. You don’t want to be stuck inside chopping vegetables while everyone else is outside living it up! An enclosed waste bin is just as important to keep the space tidy.
- Countertop options – Concrete is a great choice—it’s durable and you won’t be concerned about damaging it. Slate and stone also make hard-working counters. Porcelain tile will resist the weather but you may find yourself worrying about its looks. Granite can go outdoors but it will require more maintenance.
- Dining space – Keep it casual and dine in the sitting area, or put in a big table for everyone to enjoy their meals family style. Wherever you designate your dining area, make it comfortable by adding a shady pergola or arbor. You may consider adding a small table-and-chair set for solo summer morning coffee.
There are plenty of snazzy features you can add to your outdoor kitchen. These examples add additional function and luxury to your outdoor space.
- Warming drawers – You may wonder how you ever lived without a warming drawer. These compact drawers keep hot food hot while you’re finishing up the rest of the meal. You can also warm plates or keep hot sauces or dips warm.
- Icemakers – Who wants to lug ice from the kitchen? Keep your drinks freshened and cool at all times with an outdoor icemaker.
- Beer taps – For the consummate summer entertainer, beer taps impress guests and help you keep your favorite brews stocked and on hand.
- Bar seating – A bar with stools will go well with your beer tap and give folks a casual place to hang out when they’re not engaged in a sit-down meal.
Your outdoor kitchen can be everything you want it to be! If you love to entertain in the spring and summer, a welcoming backyard cooking and dining space makes it so much easier.
Learn more about outdoor kitchen design and product options by contacting Berriz Design
If you are looking for a Metro D.C. & South Florida Remodeling Contractor then please call
703-552-7565 or complete our online request form.