As mid-century modern style continues its upswing in popularity, we’ve found more and more clients are asking for modern decks. How do you achieve a deck look that’s sleek and straight while creating a space that’s inviting and warm? We have a few ideas.
The Foundations of a Modern-Style Deck
Adapting modern style to a deck is easy, since decks naturally lend themselves to clean lines and angularity. Modern deck elements include:
- Levitra Super Active usa Sustainable woods or recycled composite – Eco-friendliness and modern style are often architectural partners. You can choose lumber that is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, but if it has to be shipped from abroad, the more sustainable choice would be local lumber. There are a number of composite decking products made from recycled materials on the market today. You can find styles made from a mix of recycled bamboo fibers and recycled plastic, as well as those made from 100% recycled HDPE plastics—the kind that milk jugs and other containers are made of.
- http://spotliteme.com/?eq=does-claritin-get-rid-of-mucus&cf7=a0 Clean neutrals – Neutral shades rule in modern design. For decking, furniture, and surfaces, choose cool beiges, grays, and tans. To liven things up, feel free to accent with brightly colored pillows and other accessories. Bright oranges, yellows, and greens are often featured in modern design.
- here Green space – Patches ofgrass or small garden areas are often incorporated into modern decks, either in a raised box or a built-in planter. This is a great way to enjoy an herb or small vegetable garden while you’re relaxing or entertaining outside.
- Buy Sertraline Zoloft Succulents – Large pots of ornamental succulents—those fleshy plants, like aloe vera and cactus, that do so well in dry climates—are right at home on a modern deck due to their distinctive appearance. Rock gardens with succulent accents are also popular in modern outdoor landscaping.
- http://iterweb.com/?win=Online-Cymbalta-Petition&72c=84 Simple furniture Doxycycline Generic Online – Unadorned furniture in ergonomic styles invites guests and residents to sit for a spell. Sectionals and benches for seating, and low tables to hold food and drink, should be unfussy with clean lines.
More Ideas for Your Modern Deck
The simplicity of modern design leads some to believe that it’s cold and uninviting. That doesn’t have to be the case. Add warmth with color and texture, along with bold patterns and lush plants. And decks of any style can benefit from these “gather ‘round” centerpieces:
- http://undergroundsf.com/?rav=brahmin-handbags-outlet-sale&8e0=6b An outdoor fireplace – Outdoor fireplaces let you keep the good times going as the evening settles in. A fireplace can be a simple chiminea style that sits in a corner, or a two- or three-sided unit that warms up the entire space.
- go to site A sunken hot tub – There are few things more relaxing than a built-in hot tub. Lush green plantings behind it—especially tall ones like bamboo, palms, or yucca—will make it more private and add some textural interest.
Modern-Style Deck Installation in Metro D.C.
If you need more advice about modern deck styles, or want to explore your options, contact the team at Berriz Design
If you are looking for a Metro D.C. & South Florida Remodeling Contractor then please call
703-552-7565 or complete our online request form.