It’s time. The deck is built
, the patio’s done, the pool
is at the perfect temperature, and you’ve got the furniture arranged. There’s nothing left to do but throw a party!
Make Your Outdoor Bash Easy to Enjoy
As the host, you should enjoy the party just as much as your guests do. With some smart prep work ahead of time, you can let the good times roll instead of worrying about the logistics.
Setting the Scene
Add festivity to the space with some simple—and easily clean-up-able—décor.
- Tablecloths can help create a theme or color scheme while warming up the space. They also can add a bit of formality if that’s what you’re going for. Simple white or ivory table coverings work for any occasion. Bold colors and patterns brighten things up and add pizazz.
- Make things cozy and casual with toss pillows. Pillows make outdoor furniture more inviting and bring a sense of hominess to the space.
- Paper lanterns and string lights are classic outdoor party decorations that never go out of style.
Outdoor dining should be fun and easy! These tips make for a stress-free feast.
- If you’re grilling, get the ingredients plated and ready to throw on the fire before the party starts to avoid delays in getting grub to your hungry guests. The same goes for sides and condiments.
- Make a quick and easy buffet by using a long table for serving food. If you’re throwing a big party, and you have the space, set two mirror-image buffets so that the lines don’t get too long.
- If your vegetable garden is in harvest mode, you can invite partygoers to pick their own salad!
- Serve appetizers that will hold up well outdoors. Nuts, chips and salsa, and bread are good options. For dips and salads that taste better when they stay cool, fill a 9×13” cake pan or shallow casserole dish with ice and keep the apps on top. You can replenish the ice when needed. Try some of these summer appetizer ideas.
Extra Special Touches
Make your party memorable with these distinctive ideas.
- Fill a rolling cart with desserts, drinks, ice, napkins, and other necessities and make a few rounds through the crowd.
- Make a “photo booth” by hanging a fabric backdrop against a fence or from a pergola. Have guests pose in front of it with props.
- If your guests include kids, set up a mini movie theater. Use your laptop or other device to screen a fun film, and throw together a cozy seating area with pillows and blankets. When things start to wind down, the kids can settle in while the grownups are still hanging out.
Throw Fab Festivities in Your Outdoor Space
An outdoor landscape
is a big investment. Make sure you get the most out of it by entertaining often! Even if it’s just an impromptu get-together with the family or your closest neighbors, make your outdoor occasions special with some of the easy ideas described above.
If you are looking for a Metro D.C. & South Florida Remodeling Contractor then please call
703-552-7565 or complete our online request form.