One of the most practical and prized home additions is the great room. With so many uses and possibilities, a remodeled great room or family room can breathe new life into your home while adding functional space and increased resale value. The experienced team at Berriz Design specializes in exceptional spaces. With us, your great room remodel will be a seamless addition to your home that enhances your lifestyle.
If you are considering a family room or great room addition for your Metro D.C. or Florida home, please contact Berriz Design for a consultation
Benefits of a Great Room Addition
Adding a family room to your home takes the “pressure” off of other rooms by being a versatile space that can accommodate a wide range of activities. Other benefits of a family room addition include:
- A kitchen that feels bigger. The most common place to add your family room is right off the kitchen, creating a large, open space. Your kitchen will likely get more light from added windows and feel much larger and airier. You may even be able to add an island or breakfast bar, or additional storage.
- A room that’s open for anything. A great room changes as quickly as your whims. It can be the setting for a cozy family movie night on Friday, set the stage for a Girl Scout meeting on Saturday, and invite the neighbors in to watch a football game and enjoy a casual dinner Sunday afternoon.
- A space that transitions to the outdoors. Even if you aren’t building outdoor living space now, plan for it when you’re remodeling your great room addition. Sliding or French doors leading to a magnificent backyard setting increase the family fun and entertainment options for your family room, maximizing your enjoyment of your home.
Design Options for Great Room Additions
To make the most of your family room addition, consider options like these:
- A wall of windows – Bring natural light into your great room with large windows across a wall, or even floor-to-ceiling glass.
- Built-in speakers – Before you break ground on your addition, decide where you want the TV to go (if you are adding one). This way you can have speakers and other audio equipment built in with the walls and ceiling.
- An inviting fireplace – Adding a wood-burning fireplace with a chimney is ideal, but if you can’t or would rather not, a remote-controlled gas or electric fireplace can add warmth and style just as well.
- Built-in storage – Bookcases and cabinets for extra blankets, board games, and DVDs and video games will help keep your family room uncluttered.
- A dramatic ceiling – A great room addition is a perfect opportunity to add some drama to your décor with a vaulted, coffered, or tray ceiling. Build in beams for rustic charm, or add a striking light fixture in the center of the ceiling to create a sensational focal point.
- A window seat or reading nook – Even in a spacious family room, there should be space for quiet moments and solitary getaways. A window seat can be a relaxing place to wind down, while a reading nook with a cushy armchair makes it easy to escape with a book.
Why Choose Berriz for Your Great Room Addition?
Berriz Design has been building luxury family room additions for more than two decades. We are dedicated to fusing inspired design with homeowner personality in our great room projects through old-world artistry and professional attention to detail.
We offer a two-year warranty on labor and installation on our projects. From your dream through our construction to the final walk-through, our innovative artistry leads to your satisfaction.
Family Room Additions in Florida and the D.C. Metro Area
Ready to get started on your great room addition? Choose a local remodeler with a reputation for excellence—in design, craftsmanship, and customer service. Call Berriz Design at 703-552-7565.